- Bott et al., 2006, "Primary Productivity in Receiving Reservoirs: Links to Influent Streams", J. N. Am. Benthological Soc.
- Effler et al., 2002, "Tripton, Transparency and Light Penetration in Seven New York Reservoirs", Hydrobiologia.
- Effler & O'Donnell, 2001, "Resolution of Spatial Patterns in Three Reservoirs with Rapid Profiling Instrumentation", Hydrobiologia.
- Day, 2004, "Septic Systems as Potential Pollutant Sources in the Cannonsville Reservoir Watershed, New York", J. Env. Qual.
- Easton et al., 2008, "Re-conceptualizing the Soil and Water Assessment Tool Model to Predict Runoff from Variable Source Areas", J. Hydrology.
- Effler and Matthews, 2004, "Sediment Resuspension and Drawdown in a Water Supply Reservoir, J. AWRA.
- Giasson et al., 2002, "GIS-based spatial indices for identification of potential phosphorous export at watershed scale", J. Soil Water Cons.
- Schneiderman et al., 2002, "Modeling the Hydrochemistry of the Cannonsville Watershed with Generalized Watershed Loading Functions", J. AWRA.
- Sweeney et al., 2006, "Enhanced Source Water Monitoring for New York City: Summary and Perspective", J. N. Amer. Benthological Soc.
- Tolson & Shoemaker, 2007, "Cannonsville Reservoir Watershed SWAT2000 Model Development, Calibration and Validation", J. of Hydrology.
Special L&RM Issue - September 1998
- Effler & Bader, "A Limnological Analysis of Cannonsville Reservoir"
- Owens et al., "Hydrologic Analysis and Model Development"
- Owens, "Thermal and Heat Transfer Characteristics of Cannonsville Reservoir"
- Owens, "Identification and Analysis of Hydrodynamic and Transport Characteristics of Cannonsville Reservoir"
- Owens, "Development and Testing of One-Dimensional Hydrothermal Models of Cannonsville Reservoir"
- Gelda et al., "Calibration, Verification, and an Application of a Two-Dimensional Hydrothermal Model for Cannonsville Reservoir"
- Longabucco & Rafferty, "Analysis of Material Loading to Cannonsville Reservoir: Advantages of Event-Based Sampling"
- Effler & Brooks, "Gradients adn Dynamics in Downward Flux and Settling Velocity in Cannonsville Reservoir"
- Effler et al., "Sediment Resuspension in Cannonsville Reservoir"
- Effler et al., "The Optical Water Quality of Cannonsville Reservoir Spatial and Temporal Patterns, and the Relative Roles of Phytoplankton and Inorganic Tripton"
- Effler et al., "Turbidity and Particle Signatures Imparted by Runoff Events in Ashokan Reservoir"
- Erickson & Auer, "Chemical Exchange at the Sediment Water Interface of Cannonsville Reservoir"
- Auer et al., "Phosphorus Bioavailability and P-Cycling in Cannonsville Reservoir"
- Auer & Forrer, "Development and Parameterization of Kinetic Frameworks for Modeling Light- and Phosphorus-Limited Phytoplankton Growth in Cannonsville Reservoir"
- Doerr et al., "Development and Testing of a Nutrient-Phytoplankton Model for Cannonsville Reservoir"
- Owens et al., "A Strategy for Reservoir Model Forecasting Based on Historic Meteorological Conditions"
- Effler et al., "Charcteristics and Origins of Metalimnetic Dissolved Oxygen Minima in a Eutrophic Reservoir"
- Stepczuk et al., "Allochthonous Contributions of THM Precursors in a Eutrophic Reservoir"
- Stepczuk et al., "Spatial and Temporal Patterns of THM Precursors in a Eutrophic Reservoir"
- Stepczuk et al., "A Modeling Analysis of THM Precursors for a Eutrophic Reservoir"
- Bagley et al., "Sources and Fate of Giardia Cysts and Cryptosporidium Oocysts in Surface Waters"
- Auer et al., "A Framework for Modeling the Fate and Transport of Giardia and Cryptosporidium in Surface Waters"
For more literature on the NYC system, see our secure web site