Instructions for Vector Processor Calculator
1. Click the "Default" button in right panel to load the default MIPS codes
2. Select or deselect the Check Box "With Chaining optimization" to enable or disable the chaining optimization
3. Click "Execute" button to run calculation
Max Vector Length (MVL): As it is, the value of maximum vector length for the vector processor. The default value for this option is 8, and user may change it from 8, 16, 32, 64, 128. In case you need a value different to all the values above, you may look into the source code, and set the value of MVLBox.editable to "true".
Number of functional units
1) Load/Store: The number of memory access units
2) Integer: The number of integer calculation units
3) Multiple: The number of multiple calculation units
Note: The number of division
unit was set to 1.
Cycles to execute for each unit
1) Load/Store: The cycles (latency) of memory access units
2) Integer: The cycles (latency) of integer calculation units
3) Multiple: The cycles (latency) of multiple calculation units
4) Division: The cycles (latency) of division calculation units
Throughput of functional units
1) Load/Store: The throughput of memory access units
2) Integer: The throughput of integer calculation units
3) Multiple: The throughput of multiple calculation units
4) Division: The throughput of division calculation units
Checkbox "With Chaining Optimization": The checkbox to enable/disable the chaining optimization.
- Demo button: The demo code
- Reset: Set all the MIPS code back to default value
- Execute: Run the MIPS code
- Segment #: This selection indicating the number of segment of the results
- Accumulative cycles: Selecting this checkbox will enable the program to calculate the cycles on an accumulative basis, which will accumulate the cycles with previous segments
- Start Column: The start cycle for prospective instruction
- DataReady Column: The data ready cycle for prospective instruction, enabled with selection of chaining optimization.
- Complete Column: The complete cycle for prospective instruction
- Type of Hazard: Will show the type of hazard for the prospective instruction.