- Adv. Heat Transfer
[course description] | [course
syllabus] | [printable - PDF]
The following texts are all available in the library.
They are not currently being held on reserve, but if availability becomes
an issue I can place them on reserve. Mills is a broad, but relatively
deep advanced undergraduate text, however, you may need to use some
of the more advanced texts to fill in some of the blanks.
Good Undergraduate Texts
- Mills, A. F., Heat and Mass Transfer, Irwin, Chicago, Ill.,
Incropera, F. P., and DeWitt, D. P., Fundamentals of Heat and Mass
Transfer, Wiley, New York, 1996.
- Lienhard, J.
H., A Heat Transfer Textbook, Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs,
Fluid Dynamics Texts
- White, F. M., Viscous Fluid Flow, McGraw-Hill, New York,
- Vincenti, W. G., and Kruger, C. H., Introduction to Physical
Gas Dynamics, Wiley, New York,, 1965.
- Arpaci, V. S., Conduction heat transfer, Addison-Wesley Pub.
Co., Reading, Mass., 1966.
- Carslaw, H. S., and Jaeger, J. C., Conduction of heat in solids,
Clarendon Press; Oxford University Press, Oxford New York, 1986.
- Kays, W. M., and Crawford, M. E., Convective heat and mass transfer,
McGraw-Hill, New York, 1993.
- Bejan, A., Convection heat transfer, J. Wiley, New York,
- Siegel, R., and Howell,
J. R., Thermal radiation heat transfer, Hemisphere Pub.
Corp., Washington, D.C., 1992.