ECE 415/416 - Senior Design Project
Welcome to the SDP08 homepage. Here you can get all the up-to-date information on this course.
News for Spring 2008 semester:
14 May 2008: Team Clearance information is posted.
The following updates to attendance policy and grading supercede policies stated in the syllabus and the course book.
- Updated registration policy:
- Please register for Lec 1 (class number 81948) as well as your advisor's Lab section.
- Updated attendance policy:
- Attendance in lectures, reviews, advisor demo, SDP day demo is mandatory.
- Attendance in lab sessions is only required on certain days (see schedule)
- Group A: Teams Anderson, Burleson, Fischetti, Frasier
- Group B: Teams Ganz, Goeckel, Goeckel/Jackson, Gong
- Group C: Teams Kelly, Mettu, Pishro-Nik and Ni, Siqueira
- Group D: Teams Tessier, Vouvakis, Wolf
- Updated grading policy:
- The final grade for ECE 416 will be a weighted average of the following three grade components:
- Advisor grade (50%): Given at the discretion of the advisor.
- Review Board grade (30%): Average of CDR and FPR grades.
- Course Coordinator grade (20%): Based on attendance and project documents:
- If all required course documents are of an exemplary quality and the student has no
unexcused absences, then the student will receive a grade of “A” from the
- If all required course documents are of an exemplary quality and the student has one or more unexcused absences, then the grade from the course coordinators will be as follows:
- A- for one unexcused absence
- B for two unexcused absences
- C for three unexcused absences
- D for four unexcused absences
- F for five or more unexcused absences
- If all required course documents are not of an exemplary quality then the above course coordinator grades will be downgraded as appropriate.