RAMP: Reliability Model
- Applying Markovian decision theory to system configuration control.
- Integrating operating environment parameters in recovery strategy
- By tying together recovery methods in a coherent strategy, determine
when it is possible to use commercial components for embedded military
and civilian application, thus facilitating dual use of technology.
- Preliminary models have shown that employing the proposed recovery
strategy can improve system dependebility by 47% or more.
- The developed testbed will provide a vehicle for testing new approaches
and algorithms for designing real-time systems.
- Preliminary models have indicated that mission time (at a given level
of system dependibility) can approximately be doubled using the dynamic