Digital Computer Arithmetic (ECE666) - Suggested
(1) Delay calculation means that the user can enter basic delay
parameters and the simulator will calculate the final delay (with
possibly an attempt to minimize it).
(2) It is highly recommended to try out as many of the currently
available simulators as possible, to have a better idea on how
such simulators work, what type of inputs they allow and use some
of their code whenever possible.
(3) You may either suggest some modification of a project listed
below or suggest a different project altogether. You should email
me your proposal for approval and to "reserve" the selected project.
- A multiplier by a constant operand.
- A squarer.
- A (4;2) compressor-based tree showing also a simplified layout
with delay calculation which will also take wiring delays into
- Addition and subtraction in a hybrid SD system (see problem
2.14 on p. 33).
- A multi-level combinatorial shifter with delay calculation.
- Modify the Radix-4 division simulator to show the P-D plot
and the steps for non-redundant and redundant remainder.
- A radix 8 and/or 16 SRT divider with overlapping radix 2 or 4
- Rewrite the Division by reciprocation module which does not
- Faster algorithms for elementary function evaluation (see for
example, the book by Muller, ref.  on p. 246 and other