ECE 581 // Digital Control of Dynamic Systems (Spring 2008)
Class Hours: Lectures: MWF 10:10-11:00, Marston 211
Instructor: C.V. Hollot
Office: Marcus 215C
Office Hours: open door policy
Course web site: http://www.ecs.umass.edu/ece/hollot/ECE581S08/index.htm
Textbook: Franklin, Powell and Emami-Naeini, Feedback Control of Dynamic Systems,
5th Edition, Addison-Wesley, 2006.
Grading: Midterm Exam (25%), Final Exam (25%), Homework (50%)
Homework Organization and Homework Teams:
1) The class will be organized into homework teams listed below.
2) Each homework (starting with HW#3) will be comprised of 4 problems.
3) Each team submits solutions to all four problems.
4) One of the four problems will be specially assigned to each team.
5) Each homework team will present their solution to their specially assigned problem, to the
class, at the blackboard, onthe homework due date.
6) The team homework grades will be based: 50% on their performance on their specially assigned
problem, and 50% on the demonstrated effort on the remaining 3 problems.
|PIDS||Phase Margins||Harmonic Balancers||The Aliased|
|Anibal and Steve||Hoi and Joe||Dima and Matt||Dave and Jarrod|